How To Sell Anything on Craigslist
In this Article You Will Learn
- How Can You Generate Money from Online Posts?
- What Should Your Write In a Craigslist Post to Entice Readers?
- How to Downsize Your Possessions Before Any Trip Abroad
- What are Ways to Protect Yourself from Online Scams and Fake Buyers?
- And Much More…
How Can You Generate Money from Online Posts?
RICHMOND, VIRGINIA – It was an early March morning back in my college days, and I dazed across the backlit screen of my MacBook as I checked my morning mail. Between sips of coffee I saw what I had been waiting for nearly a month now.
The Acceptance Letter
I was fully accepted into a seven month double internship plan covering journalism and translation across two Russian cities. I did what I promised I would do – I quit my job bussing tables at a local restaurant. I would dedicate my remaining time preparation for my next journey abroad.
Upon quitting my job, my plan was to prepare myself for a seven month trip abroad, beginning with questions like – What would I need to bring? What would I leave behind? How can I turn all of my extra baggage into a Win-Win deal? I sold everything I owned. The list includes:
- Rosetta Stone Russian (Software)
- Musical Equipment and Instruments
- Handheld video/photo Cameras and Software
- All Furniture of my apartment
How to Create a Craigslist Ad in 10 Steps
A Simplified Guide to Generating Business Leads Online
1. Choose the Area and City You Will Provide Your Goods or Service
2. Select The Category Your Good or Service Falls Under; if you’re selling old music equipment, you would choose “musical instruments”, if you are offering a car, you would choose “Cars & Automobiles”
3. Incite Emotion with a Catchy Headline. Experiment With Questions to Generate Interest. Example: “Looking for a Special Gift this Holiday Season? Guitar For Sale!”
TIP: Your ads will be far more successful and generate more interest if you include clear, quality photos.
What Should Your Write In a Craigslist Post to Entice Readers?
- Create a catchy title
- Create a sense of value
- Generate emotion with the reader
- Name a price (But being open to negotiations or the best offer is still OK)
By making your headline stand out, you can grab more readers’ attention. Instead of writing a bland “$100” priceline, some say using the number “7” is actually proven to increase readers’ attention and click rates.